Information & Set Up for a Virtual Program
Are you ready!? Information and installation instructions of specific software or set up is included on each camp description page.
VIEW & DOWNLOAD PDF Set Up Information Sheet
To participate campers/students will need:
- A computer – Mac or PC (please check individual camp requirements, )
- A web cam and microphone
- A high-speed Internet Connection
Please note that Chromebooks, Ipads and Tablets are unable to install and run most of the software we use in the programs.
Zoom Meeting Software
All virtual programs are held in Zoom Meeting Rooms. Each camper/student will receive an Access Link prior to the start of the camp or program. This Link will be sent out one or two days before the start of the program.
Check it out ahead of time. Zoom let’s you adjust the audio and webcam settings to achieve the best experience!
Prior to the First Day
Information and set-up instructions for individual camps or programs are included on the Camp/Program description page.
Need assistance? We are happy to help – let us know.
The First Day of a Program
If possible, it would be best if a parent or guardian can be around for the start of the program on the first day for the first 10-15 minutes. Your camper may need help with logging in, setting up or technical issues.
Culture of Respect
We want every participant to get the most out of each program. To make that happen please follow these simple guidelines:
- Be respectful and kind to other participants and to instructors.
- Ensure that your webcam and microphone are setup and working properly so that campers can participate fully.
- Bad language or other inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Ask for help if you need assistance. We are there for you!
The Last Day of a Program
Mark your calendar!
Parents, siblings and friends are welcome to join us for the last 15-20 minutes on the last day of the program when students get to show off the projects they completed!