Mario Minecraft Remix Ages 10-14
2D Retro Style Game Design
Some previous coding experience recommended and comfortable keyboarding skills!
Discover the dynamic programming and design strategies behind games like Super Mario and Minecraft. Students will learn and refine a variety of digital media skills including coding, game art & animation, specifically:
- Coding Skills using Gamemaker’s scripting environment
- 2D Character Design & Animation
- Game Planning and Design
- Multilevel Game Design & Strategies
Campers will have an opportunity to create and determine the various components that go into making their game. Creative problem solving reigns supreme, as participants are tasked to design an original game with characters of their own.
Campers will use the world class 2D game engine called Gamemaker Studio 2. A trial version is available, compatible on MacOS or Windows computers.
DATE: July 12-16th
This is a ONE WEEK virtual camp 2.5 hrs/day
TIMES: 3:00-5:30 PM AST (Nova Scotia, NB, PEI)
And 2:00-4:30 PM EST (Ontario, New York)
TIMES IN DIFFERENT LOCATIONS
Please verify your local times for accuracy
7:00-9:30 PM GMT – London, United Kingdom
3:00-5:30 PM AST – Nova Scotia, New Brunswick
2:00-4:30 PM EST – Ontario, New York, Florida
1:00-3:30 PM CST- Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nunavut, Wisconsin
12 Noon-2:30 PM MST – Alberta, Colorado, Mexico
11 AM-1:30 PM PST – Vancouver, Washington, California
Take your skills to the next level with one of our 3D Unity camps – learn C#!
This program will equip & improve your child’s digital literacy skills in:
- Coding with an Object Oriented Language
- Creative Problem Solving
- Planning and strategizing
We provide a creative and socially stimulating learning environment that can:
- Boost self-esteem
- Foster independent learning
- Enhance creative use of technology
Take a Sneek Peek
Into one of the classes
Justin tells Samantha how he created his game using Gamemaker Studio .
Be sure to check out our Artech Game Arcade with examples of Gamemaker Games created in our 2D Game Design camps. You can play these onlline!
How do I prepare for virtual programs?
- VIEW and PRINT out our Virtual Set up and Information page with tips and suggestions for getting ready.
How do I join the class?
- You will receive a Zoom Access Link by email on the Saturday before the camp starts.
Requirements to follow along in this program:
- Mac, PC Computer
- Web Cam & Good Internet Connect
- Access to Zoom Video Conferencing
- Refer to the two Setup videos below for software requirements