Design More with Roblox Ages 10-14
Previous experience with coding helpful, e.g. Scratch or Roblox.
BEGINNER-INTERMEDIATE: Stretch your imagination and power-up your Lua coding skills. Design more with Roblox!
The popularity of Roblox has really made this game platform and game engine a big hit with kids young and old! It offers kids a jump start into making their own games! Learning how to create games can be a very empowering experience!
Campers will be introduced to the Lua programming language, following best coding and game design practices. Do you have some burning questions? Bring them along!
Through the week we will cover:
- Game planning and strategizing
- Terrain building and design
- Coding and scripting using Lua
Each summer camp Roblox session is unique and campers are welcome to attend more than one!
Only 1 left in stock
DATE: Aug 9-13th
This is a ONE WEEK virtual camp 2.5 hrs/day
TIMES: 3:00-5:30 PM AST (Nova Scotia, NB, PEI)
And 2:00-4:30 PM EST (Ontario, New York)
TIMES IN DIFFERENT LOCATIONS
Please verify your local times for accuracy
7:00-9:30 PM GMT – London, United Kingdom
3:00-5:30 PM AST – Nova Scotia, New Brunswick
2:00-4:30 PM EST – Ontario, New York, Florida
1:00-3:30 PM CST- Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nunavut, Wisconsin
12 Noon-2:30 PM MST – Alberta, Colorado, Mexico
11 AM-1:30 PM PST – Vancouver, Washington, California
Are you ready for an Advanced Roblox camp? Take yourself to the limits July 26th!
This program will equip & improve your child’s digital literacy skills in:
- Coding with Lua
- Logical Thinking
- Planning and strategizing
We provide a creative and socially stimulating learning environment that can:
- Boost self-esteem & Keyboarding
- Foster independent learning
- Enhance creative use of technology
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Take a Sneek Peek
Into one of the classes
Adam explains to Samantha how he coded his Roblox Racing game
How do I prepare for virtual programs?
- VIEW and PRINT out our Virtual Set up and Information page with tips and suggestions for getting ready.
How do I join the class?
- You will receive a Zoom Access Link by email on the Saturday before the camp starts.
Requirements to follow along in this program:
- Mac, PC Computer
- Web Cam & Good Internet Connect
- Access to Zoom Video Conferencing
- Refer to the two Setup videos below for software requirements